The best Japanese dramas to enjoy while practicing social distancing (part 2)

 Drama, Japanese drama  Comments Off on The best Japanese dramas to enjoy while practicing social distancing (part 2)
Sep 262020
 

4. Todome No Kiss (Kiss That Kills)

Airing in 2018, Todome No Kiss (Kiss That Kills)quickly gained wide fame. It tells the story of Dojima Otaro, who is nothing but cocky and only strives for power and money. Suddenly one day, a mysterious lady with a pale face and red lips kisses him. Otaro dies but quickly regains consciousness the next moment but with a big difference: he wakes up seven days in the past.

5. 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima Kara Mina-san Wa, Hitojichi Desu (or Mr. Hiiragi’s Homeroom)

If you are finding something a little suspense mixed with mystery, 3 Nen A Gumi: Ima Kara Mina-san Wa (or Mr. Hiiragi’s Homeroom) is the Japanese drama of your choice. The major character, Ibuki Hiiragi, is a teacher to Class three A. While his career started normally two years ago, it was a twist just a few months before graduation day. Hiiragi brings with him all of his students only ten days before graduation and allows none of them to leave or graduate until the truth behind a past student’s suicide is showed out.

6. Good Doctor

The 2018 Japanese drama Good Doctor follows the journey of Minato Shindo, a passionate man with savant syndrome. Due to his older brother’s death when they were young, Minato wants to become a doctor. He has an incredible memory. He can memorize the human organs at the age of seven, which amazes the doctor Akira Shiga. After Minato passes the national exam for medical practitioners, Dr. Shiga recommends him for a position in the pediatric surgery department.

7. 99.9: Criminal Lawyer

Airing in 2016, 99.9: Criminal Lawyer tells the story of Hiroto Miyama, a lawyer who takes on criminal cases. Since the conviction rate for such cases in Japan is 99.9%, Hiroto finds it not easy to make money in his line of work. Teaming up with Atsuhiro Sada, a successful civil lawyer, the duo manages to uncover the truth about the remaining 0.1%.